James M. Gorman, MBA, PMP, MCP
Program Management • Data Analysis • Process Improvement & Optimization
An innovative and energetic leader, project manager, and team builder with more than 10 years’ experience in IT organizations. Proven track record of leading cross-functional teams in the design, development, and delivery of strategic business solutions. MBA, PMP, Six Sigma, and Microsoft certified professional who thrives in changing, challenging, and dynamic environment.
Program Manager, R&D
BrightEdge – San Francisco, CA / Cleveland, OH
Responsible for leading a team of implementation specialist and engineers in the integration, deployment, and delivery of a groundbreaking technology for Fortune 500 customers.
Covalent Health – San Francisco, CA / Cleveland, OH
Responsible for managing company’s project portfolio and implementing strategic initiatives via project delivery. Managed geographically distributed teams of between 5 and 30 members. Report to COO.
• Facilitated operational integration of three corporate acquisitions in Los Angeles, Jacksonville, and Chicago; adding more than 1,000 employees to the company.
• Managed territory expansion activities opening four geographic locations in California and Florida.
• Standardized new station setup processes reducing operation start-up time by more than 60%.
• Built automation tasks for various functional areas. Built payroll macro in response to Alvarado v. Dart judgement, saving the company ~ $300k vs legal estimates.
• Provided leadership on implementation of new supply management system, Kanban supply system, start-of-shift procedures and other process improvements to reduce overall ‘out of chute time’ by more than 40%.
• Led project team to facilitate company’s first 911 contract. Built demand analysis and unit postings to ensure on-time performance above county target of 90% for first year to sustain contract.
• Successfully led initiative to acquire industry-recognized CAAS accreditation, helping win new business in competitive Los Angeles market.
• Built Tableau dashboards and reports for resource allocation tracking, enabling regional management to improve overall division efficiency by 11.5%.
• Responsible for corporate payroll analysis and reporting. First line of prevention and inspection to identify and report variances and build forecasts.
• Report weekly payroll results to executives and private equity group. Maintain KPI dashboards and assist regional GMs with data analysis and operational issues.
Director of Operations
Rector Inc. – Westlake, OH
P&L responsibilities for all operations. Report to CEO.
• Developed proposals and successfully negotiated new contracts with Fortune 1000 companies including: 3M, ADP, Alcoa, Aflac, AT&T, Coca Cola, Chevron, Cigna, Citi, CVS Health, Disney, Express Scripts, FedEx, Halliburton, HCA, Honeywell, KPMG, Lockheed Martin, MasterCard, New York Life, Novartis, PNC, Prudential, Raytheon, Schwab, Shell, Sodexo, Stryker, UnitedHealth Group, Verizon, Walgreens, Walmart, and WellPoint.
• Established KPIs and standardized operational and financial reporting, enabling accurate evaluation of performance and profitability. Instituted new, standardized billing rates allowing larger portion of staff to contribute to sales, leading to more than 100 new and renewed accounts since 2012.
• Analyzed, identified, and resolved sales issues converting prospects into customers. Redirected product strategy in declining market resulting in 24% increase in sales, breaking sales records.
• Reduced annual operating expenses nearly 10% by employing new technologies and workflows allowing company to release office space. Cut labor costs 38% by eliminating nonessential positions, contractors, and combining roles to further unify cross-functional team.
• Maintained accountability for 100% of cash collections. Implemented new invoicing system reducing days-to-bill by 30 days, days sales outstanding by 16 days and achieving zero bad debt over 72-month period.
• Introduced standardized quality control processes reducing errors by more than 30% since 2013.
• Created new revenue stream of approximately 15% of gross revenues by monetizing website with ad positions, sponsorships, and membership functionality.
• Analyzed industry competitors to identify and exploit gaps leading to 22% increase in customer engagement.
Rector Inc. – Westlake, OH
• Implemented project management and customer relationship management systems—enabling team to collaborate and share knowledge across business functions.
• Automated online order-processing, resulting in reduced manual processing / response times as well as greater efficiencies during high volume periods.
• Designed, developed, and launched three corporate websites and tablet application.
• Delivered information technology-related project work and business consulting. Focus on internet / intranet solutions and best practices.
• Customers: HUDCO Mfg., Rector, Inc., Smithers-Oasis, Nevada Medi-car, LVAPEC, Madden Brothers, Babl Media, Miloud Home Accents, My Fondest Memory, Sonoma County is Better.
Sogeti USA – Cleveland, OH
• Managed full lifecycle of technical projects utilizing broad skills in programming, business analysis, technical design, project management, sales, customer relationship development, and end user training.
• Customers: Cuyahoga County Juvenile Courts, Diebold, Smithers-Oasis, TMK Ipsco Inc., Pradco Inc.
• Microsoft Certified Professional who served as go-to consultant for all SharePoint projects in the region. Understood and applied company strategy, policies, and procedures on delivery as Microsoft Gold Partner.
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
University of Phoenix
• Program GPA 4.0
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
• Major: Management Information Systems
• Activities: Sigma Alpha Epsilon (President)
Eastlake North High School
• Activities: Class President (2001), Academic Decathlon (2002), Football, Leadership Lake County
Project Management Professional
• Project Management Institute, PMP# 2147133
• Achieved January 2018
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt – Master Certificate
• Villanova University
• Achieved June 2016
Microsoft Certified Professional
• Microsoft MCP# 6322014
• 70-630: Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
• 70-631: Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
• Achieved August 2008
Joshua S. Clark, CISSPClient Technical Professional at IBM
James is a technology-driven individual who understands the business value of information technology. Having worked with James on several projects, I have had the ability to learn, collaborate, and develop key solutions to various business problems. James is a quick learner and always thinks about how he can improve and sharpen his skills from project to project. James is someone that I would want to work with on any future project.